By Hans Zimmermann, F/HB9AQS, IARU International Coordinator for Emergency Communications
- Global Simulated Emergency Tests (GlobalSET)
The date for this event, sponsored by IARU Region 1, has been altered to coincide with World Amateur Radio Day on Saturday, April 18th. The theme for the day of "Amateur Radio: Your Resource in Disaster and Emergency Communication" is an ideal opportunity to showcase the work of emergency communications groups around the world.
The timing of the event remains at 1100-1500 UTC but in a change for this and future events, the focus will be on generating and relaying messages in a common format across country borders rather than the information gathering about capabilities which has taken place in the past.
More information will be posted on http://www.iaru-r1.org and http://www.raynet-hf.net as it becomes available.
Contact for GlobalSET
Greg Mossop, G0DUB, IARU Region 1 Coordinator for Emergency Communications, g.....@raynet-hf.net
Contact for WARD-2009
Hans Zimmermann, F5VKP / HB9AQS, IARU International Coordinator for Emergency Communications, h.....@ties.itu.int
- Emergency Center of Activity Frequencies
- Radiocommunications in Emergency and Disaster Situations
- The ITU has made significant portions of the 2005 edition of the Handbook on Emergency Telecommunications available for free download in English, French, and Spanish. Go to http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/emergencytelecoms/publications.html for more information.
- Emergency Telecommunications in the ITU
- Basic Emergency Telecommunications course of the ITU
- Memorandum of Understanding between ITU and IARU
- Memorandum of Understanding between IFRC and IARU
Global Amateur Radio Emergency Communications.