IARU Welcomes New Member Society
The IARU member-societies have voted to admit the Sudan Amateur Radio Union (SARU) as its newest member society. Founded on August 6, 2021, SARU has 54 licensed radio amateurs as members. The address of SARU is Khartoum Airport P.O. Box 2 Code 11112-Sudan; Tel: +249 9 1296 3115; Whatsapp: +249 9 2654 0764.
email SudanARU@outlook.com; website www.qrz.com/db/st0hq
Congratulations to the officers and members of our newest member-societies!
Print This Post
IARU Administrative Council Meets
The 54th meeting of the IARU Administrative Council (AC) was held in person at the Seehotel, Friedrichshafen, Germany, on Monday June, 20th, 2022 and Tuesday, June 21st, 2022
- Much of the meeting was spent reviewing the work from the strategic planning working groups. After discussion it was agreed that in order to improve the efficiency and timeliness of IARU decisions and actions, the goal of the planning sessions is to structure IARU as one single, global organization. It was further agreed the working groups must complete their work in time for presentation of the design for change to 2023 IARU R1 Conference.
- A draft letter to member-societies offering guidance on amateur satellites was approved. The AC added the importance of member societies contacting satellite builders as early as possible to ensure a smooth IARU frequency coordination. The importance of updated pre-launch data as well as public available operational information after launch was stressed. All contact with the IARU frequency coordination team should go to email@example.com );
- A proposed letter requesting support from the European Space agency was approved. The IARU Satellite Coordinator, Hans Blondeel-Timmerman, PB2T, was thanked for leading this initiative.
- The AC agreed on advice and guidance to member-societies on footnotes to the International Radio Regulations as covered by WRC-23 agenda item 8. There was emphasis not to seek changes to any footnotes relating to 50MHz since these are from the recent WRC-19.
- The AC similarly agreed on supporting Conference Preparatory Meeting text for WRC-23 Agenda Item 9.1 (b). In consultation with the AI 9.1 (b) leads, a news release and preliminary presentation on this agenda item was approved and released.
- A review of the preliminary agenda items for WRC-27 was started and will be followed up by the officers.
- The status of the grant requests to ARDC was reviewed and approved.
- After a presentation, the AC authorized support for UN Human Security for All project.
- A study of the issues relating to the internation forwarding of QSL’s between bureaus is ongong.
- Succession planning was discussed with reference that the consultation process for the next round of elections for IARU president and vice president should start in the fall of this year.
Members attending the meeting were IARU President Tim Ellam, VE6SH/G4HUA; Vice President Ole Garpestad, LA2RR; Secretary Joel Harrison, W5ZN; Sylvain Azarian, F4GKR, President, and Mats Espling, SM6EAN, Secretary, IARU Region 1; Ramón Santoyo, XE1KK, President IARU Region 2,; and IARU Region 3 Chairman Ken Yamamoto, JA1CJP, and Director Yudi Hasbi, YD1PRY. Also participating was Assistant Secretary David Sumner, K1ZZ
Print This Post